Unlike other unofficial apps on the market, my app is completely FREE!!! (no up-front or in-app purchases and NO ADS) I wrote this app to make my life easier while using the Field Nation platform and I share it to all of you out of the kindness of my heart. Writing this app is a hobby, not a job. :-)
I created this app to allow you to use the most common functions of the FieldNation.com Mobile WebApp (https://app.fieldnation.com/m/) without having to use a full web browser on your device. I also have added a few convenience features, like universal package tracking search. It was created using MIT's AppInventor2.
---The following features are supported---
• Check-In and Check-Out with Location Support
• View, Accept, Decline, and Counteroffer available work orders
• Add notes and custom fields to work orders
• Includes quick buttons and a menu for access to app and site features
• Includes a Tracking & Search field that leverages the Google's search engine to automatically detect and present the proper carrier's package tracking or other information without leaving the app - NEW: Now with barcode scanner!
• The app automatically remembers the last page you accessed and the last tracking number or term(s) you searched for, even across device reboots
• Open the feature-rich Web version of Google Maps Mobile by simply clicking on the map preview presented on the Location & Contact page of any assigned work order without leaving the app --- OR --- send the address to the Google Maps Android app for Voice Navigation
---The following features work with included workarounds:---
• "Download PDF" menu option to download a PDF copy appears while displaying a work order details screen (launches default browser to download PDF, you may have to log in again in your browser)
• "Upload Files" menu option to upload documents to a work order appears while on the Upload Documents screen (launches default browser to upload files, you may have to log in again in your browser)
---Other Known Issues or Notes:---
• This application should work on tablets just fine, but has not been specifically tested on a tablet.
• If you get a "net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" when attempting to use GMapsWeb or Tracking/Search screens, this is NOT A BUG IN MY APP. That said, you CAN click the "Open in Google Maps App" (GMapsWeb) or "Open in Browser" (Tracking/Search) buttons and use the information external to my app.
NOTICE: I am not directly affiliated with FieldNation.com and am publishing this as a totally free (fee-free and ad-free) augmentation for users of the FieldNation.com platform WITHOUT their explicit permission. They reserve all rights to their brands and trademarks.
Used for GMapsWeb and FN GPS Check In/Out (required by some clients)
-Full Network Access-
Used for internet access, as this is obviously required to use the platform
***The remaining permissions requested are defaults for all apps created with MIT AppInventor2, but are not actively used in my app.***
---Privacy of Your Information:---
Aside from the general anonymous data collected by the Google Play Store in connection with the distribution of apps across platforms/devices and user ratings/ANRs, I do NOT collect any data on users of my app. There is NO in-app data collection of any kind and I do NOT intercept traffic to/from my app in any way.