The description of universalcom
To scroll the text, please slide your finger along the blue band below. Touch the blue band and lift your finger to change how fast you scroll -- a character or word at a time, or to the next punctuation mark. To quickly reach different parts of the text, simply touch the black band in the middle, and lift your finger. The closer you touch to the left of the screen, the earlier the portion of text that is displayed to you.
Special about this app is typing in the absence of a cursor. The text is displayed in two boxes, and you can assume that the cursor is always between the text in the two boxes. When you type, text is inserted into the upper box at the end. If you use a soft keyboard, you may need to touch the black square at the top left of the screen to see the keyboard. However, the backspace key on the keyboard does not work.
To delete the last character in the upper box, slide your finger from right to left on the red bar, top right. To delete the last word in the upper box, slide your finger from left to right on the red bar. Feel free to try all this out on this help text. Every time you revisit the help, the original is restored.
What you delete in this fashion is copied into a clipboard. If you select Undelete in the menu, the text in the clipboard is copied onto the end of the text in the upper box, and the clipboard is cleared.
If you touch the red bar and lift your finger, a list of favorite sentences shows up. If you select one of them, it gets added to the end of the text in the upper box.
Also in the top row is a button called Menu. If you touch it, you are offered several choices, one of which, Undelete, has already been described. Other menu options"
1. Turn on speech to text. A red mike in a black box shows up with the caption "Speak now". Say something loudly and clearly, then pause. An attempt is made to convert what you said into text, which is added to the end of the upper box.
2. You can clear the text in the upper or lower boxes, or use text to speech to have their contents spoken through the speaker of your Android device.
3. You can access this help file, as well as exit from help to return to the text you were working on.
4. The option Share lets you export the text you composed in this app, to your mail or chat packages. You only need to select a recipient there before sending.
5. When not in help mode, the option Settings is available in the menu. When you select this, another screen opens, in which you can set the font size, the amount of text that appears in the upper and lower boxes, and edit your list of favorite sentences.