The Ultimate Drivers Hours Guide is perfect for any driver of a goods vehicle in the EU and is the perfect reference in your pocket to ensure you are compliant with the rules.
A pdf version of the guide can also be downloaded to your computer or printed off by going to http://driverhours.co.uk/
This website also has all contact details for the author, Chris Allen, who is available to answer any queries you may have.
Here is a brief overview of the contents of the Ultimate Drivers Hours Guide
EU Drivers Hours
• Which rules apply to you?
• What is the 4.5 hour rule?
• How do breaks work?
• The Daily Drive Rule
• The Weekly Drive Rule
• The Fortnightly Drive Rule
• How is Daily Rest Calculated?
• Splitting Your Daily Rest
• Working Out Your Weekly Rest
• How Does Double Manning Affect Matters?
• Do The Rules Change For Ferry Journeys?
• Out of Scope Working
• Night Work Rules
• Case Study 1
• Case Study 2
Working Time Directive
• The working time directive for drivers
• The WTD - Working Time Directive
• The RTD - Road Transport Directive
• What is the weekly maximum?
• What is the maximum weekly average?
• What are the daily driving limits?
• What happens with sick days and holidays?
• Derogations of the Working Time Directive
• Tachograph recording devices
• What the symbols mean
• Digital downloading devices
• Analysing the tachograph data
• Record keeping requirements
• What exactly you are responsible for
Graduated Fixed Penalties
• Fixed penalties in plain English
• Maximum fines and convictions