TAFP serves the family medicine community and provides a unified voice for family medicine as it continues to be one of the most patient-oriented public health groups in Texas. The American Academy of Family Physicians TAFP’s parent organization maintains a membership of more than 100,000 members.
Major purposes of the Academy include:
• Advocating for family physicians to lawmakers
• Organized medicine and the public
• Providing high-quality continuing medical education to physicians in Texas
• Keeping members informed of changes in health care and
• Nurturing the next generation of family physicians.