Only you with your password have access to your encrypted data, profiling is impossible. Tutanota combines security with ease-of-use so that everybody can use end-to-end encryption. Now you can take back your privacy easily!
Official website: https://tutanota.com
Source code: https://github.com/tutao/tutanota
- Register your free Tutanota account with 1 GB of free storage.
- Choose your email address from the supported domains @tutanota.com, @tutanota.de, @tutamail.com, @tuta.io and @keemail.me.
- Send and receive end-to-end encrypted emails to anybody, to other Tutanota users automatically and to external users secured with a password.
- Send and receive old-fashioned emails (not end-to-end encrypted). Even these emails are stored encrypted on the Tutanota servers.
- Subject, content and attachments are automatically encrypted.
- Supports push notifications when receiving new emails.
- Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Tutanota or your phone contacts.
- Tutanota is open source so that anyone can verify its security by auditing the code.
The Tutanota app asks for very few permissions to keep your level of privacy to a maximum:
- Full network access: Used to send and receive emails.
- Receive data from the internet: To notify you when you receive a new email.
- View network connections: To find out if an internet connection exists.
- Read your contacts: This enables you to select recipients from your phone's contacts.
- Read from SD card: To allow adding of attachments from the SD card to emails.
- Control vibration: To notify you when you receive a new email.
- Deactivate sleeping mode: To notify you when you receive a new email.