Why Telangana association?
Telangana officially became the 29th state on India on June 2nd, 2014. We the Telangana residents of Denmark would like to have an association that truly represents our culture and that integrates with Danish culture and to be part of the developing story of state of Telangana. All of us here in Denmark are working hard to build an association with a vision and objectives.
Vision: To “Connect the Telangana Community in order to promote culture and support/serve the Telangana people in Denmark and to be part of the developing story of state of Telangana”.
1. To be an organization promoting the Telangana state of India in Denmark.
2. To be an organization that helps the people from Telangana to feel comfortable in Denmark by arranging information sessions to new migrants, by arranging cultural events where the traditional festivals, literary works, music etc., are celebrated.
3. To be an organization that connects the Danish residents from Telangana state of India to other non resident Telangana’s residing in neighboring Scandinavian countries of Sweden and Norway through active cooperation
4. To be an organization that also takes up charity in the identified fields such as a natural calamity, providing assistance for poor children's education etc. to be part of the developing story of state of Telangana.
5. To be an organization that promotes Denmark in Telangana by actively presenting to the local media in Telangana about Denmark's education, industry and other possibilities such as ' Green energy experience of Copenhagen'
6. Maintain, enhance, understand, and appreciate Telangana culture and language.
7. Preserve Telangana heritage by celebrating various Telangana festivals including Bonalu/Bathukamma, Vijaya dhashami, Sankranthi/pathangula pandaga, Telangana vimochana dhinam, etc.
8. Provide equal importance to all religions and women.
9. Support in education, jobs, working culture in Denmark by conducting workshops among Telangana people.
10. Unite all Telangana people in Denmark under one umbrella as an association to be able to encourage, facilitate, and follow the Telangana customs, traditions and values.
11. Represent Telangana state and participate in government of India activities taken up by Embassy of India in Denmark, for instance, Independence Day, Republic Day, etc.
12. Invite interested Danes and other foreigners to learn about our culture, for example, explaining the customs and traditions of Telangana.
13. Conduct Telangana dialect classes for kids in weekends, which help them to learn our mother-tongue accent.
14. TAD’s ladies club gives guidance to first time mothers during the pregnancy and delivery because they can understand clearly in Telanagana language.
15. Conduct awareness programs on organ donations and Danish language importance in Denmark.
16. Organize various games for ladies where they get more fun/entertainment. The games include puzzles, make longest words, eating banana, kolatam, natyam, caroms, musical chairs, koko, tombola, etc.
17. Organize various competitions for men and women include 5km run, chess competition, cricket competition, badminton tournament, etc.
Telangana Association of Denmark (TAD)