Transit Tracker - CTA allows riders to take advantage of the Chicago Transit Authority's Bus Tracker API.
Transit Tracker - CTA also includes the ability to download route schedules.
Transit Tracker - CTA allows you to define alerts for CTA routes and stops; get a notification when a vehicle on a specific route is approaching or arriving at a particular stop.
Please send me an email if you find a problem or if you have any comments or suggestions.
- Put in one or more route numbers, separated by spaces or commas, and see all buses on those routes or put in an individual bus number (printed on the side of CTA buses).
- You can request a route schedule for any CTA route by entering its number. Schedules can be viewed as origin/destination tables or on a map. On the map, see when the next bus/train is scheduled to arrive by tapping on a stop. See all times for that stop by tapping on the info window that appears.
- Select your current location or an address you enter or select on a map as a search location for CTA stops that are nearby. You can specify a maximum number of stops to return as well as an optional route filter.
- You can define alerts for when a CTA vehicle is approaching or arriving at a particular stop. These alerts are based on distance from the stop, using the shape of the route defined by CTA.
- Because these alerts depend on the vehicle following the shape defineUd by CTA, if the vehicle is on detour, or if the vehicle isn't following the defined route for some other reason, your alert may not trigger as expected.
- Choose an origin, a destination, and the time you would like to either depart or arrive, and the Google Maps app will display the different options available using CTA's buses and trains.
- Choose a light or dark theme. - Show satellite imagery and/or color-coded traffic data on the map. - Optionally keep the map screen from dimming and shutting off. - Adjust the update interval of CTA vehicle locations. - Choose a custom ringtone for CTA alerts.
This is not an official CTA app; I am not affiliated with CTA in any way.