Note, that on some devices the very first incoming SMS after install is sometimes not shown. We're working on a solution - please be patient - after the first SMS the app should work without problems.
*** 3 IMPORTANT things ***
1.Add TopSMS icon to your home-screen.
2. Disable other SMS popups like Hangouts, Viber, etc. if you are using them.
3. It is recommended to disable Received SMS notifications from your stock SMS app in status bar. Go to your default sms app: Menu > Settings > Notifications > Received notification (uncheck)
TopSMS does not replace your original SMS app, but if you use TopSMS, you will need it much less. It simplifies and speeds up most common actions with SMS, supports marking displayed incoming SMS as read, saves sent SMS and drafts to original SMS app, shows sent and delivery notifications, etc.
* Handy home-screen widget for common SMS actions
* Custom popup color, sound, font size
* Browsing last messages in time-line
* Saves reply draft for each message
* Posibility to Compose, Reply, Delete, Save draft and Play incoming SMS using Text-To-Speech
* Sent and delivery notifications
* Writing and receiving long messages
* Sending to multiple recipients
* Supports showing multiple incoming messages
* Auto-start after boot
If you use Hangouts app for showing SMS notifications, TopSMS will not work. Please disable that feature. Go to Hangouts > Menu > Settings > SMS > uncheck 'Turn on SMS'. You may need to disable also other sms popups, such as from Viber, etc.
Your default SMS app will still work the same way. All new, sent messages and drafts from TopSMS will appear also in your default SMS app.
To play the sms, you can use the Play button on the incoming SMS popup. Text-To-Speech of your phone will be used to speak the SMS.
More info at TopSMS blog: http://top-sms-popup-for-android.blogspot.com
We're looking forward to answer any questions and support your app at our developer email.