The description of Tip Share GPS location Glympse
Tip Share GPS location Glympse is an easy way to monitor the GPS location of Android phones and tablets.
★ See exactly where your family members and friends are, and show them your own location
★ Navigate to them easily when you are meeting up in crowded areas
★ Search for a lost or stolen phone
★ Help your friends find you when you are waiting for a pick up
★ Track your friends' travels anywhere in the world
★ Access all information from your Android phone or online at http://gpsme.online
★ View location history for 2 days in the free version and 2 weeks with Premium
★ Receive automated alerts when your loved ones arrive somewhere (home, school, or any places you set)
★ In case of emergency, use the SOS button to send a help alert
★ In areas without a GPS signal, see approximate location based on the nearest cell phone tower. This can help when the phone is in the subway or underground parking
★ Add unlimited number of friends and family to your account
★ Be informed when their phone battery is low or the app is disconnected
★ Built-in diagnostics warn you when the app has geolocation or connectivity issues
★ In short, you get a convenient and precise GPS monitoring tool!
To get started and set up the app for maximum accuracy:
1) In your phone settings, enable Geolocation in High Accuracy mode. This will allow the app to receive coordinates from GPS satellites, Wi-Fi networks and cell towers.
2) Open the Glympse app and wait for the map to load and display your location in the center. Your status should show "Now" or "1-2 min ago". If not, check your internet connection. You can use Wi-Fi indoors, but mobile data is necessary when Wi-Fi is not available.
3) Check the accuracy of your location. With good GPS reception or a Wi-Fi network nearby, the accuracy is 10-40 meters (30-130 feet). If you see "No GPS" next to your avatar, reception is too poor to use GPS or Wi-Fi, and the app is using the location of your cell tower. Try to move to an open area with a better signal.
4) Invite your family members or friends by clicking "Invite new user" in the upper-right corner. After they receive your invitation, install Glympse and enter the invitation code, their locations will be shown on your map. Simply double-click someone's avatar and wait a few seconds to get their real-time location.
5) Note the status of avatars on your map. If someone's avatar shows an exclamation mark and their location isn't updating, check their internet connection and battery saving settings. The app should be allowed to work in the background and in sleeping mode, and to autostart after phone reboot.
6) Create Places (geo fences), such as Fitness, School, or Home. When your kids, parents or close friends enter or leave one of these areas, an alert is sent to your phone.
Glympse sharing your location is optimized for intelligent battery consumption, and it uses 3-5% of the battery during the day. The tracker sends you alerts for connected phones with a battery level below 15%.
If you need assistance with configuring the app, please contact our tech support directly from the Help section in the app.