Widget displays preconfigured amount of messages grouped by sender, unread messages are shown in bold with unread counter at the widget header. Also there are several other things you can do within widget:
- click sender name to open related message thread in the default sms applicaion (currently not working in Android 6, still work in progress);
- click message body to expands/collapse long message text within widget list item;
- click contact picture to show/hide messages from this sender;
- click "new message" icon in the widget header to open "New message" dialog in the default sms application;
- click any other element in the widget header to open the default sms application.
Several options can be configured at widget setup:
- maximum amount of messages in list to improve performance on low-end devices;
- sender picture outline type;
- widget header text;
- customize colors.
Widget data refreshes every time messages database is updated (new message arrived, message is read, message/thread is deleted) and additionally once per day to display correct received timestamp.
To keep screen clean and tidy and improve readability, message timestamp differ depending on received date: for the messages received on current date, only time is displayed, for the older messages - only date.
Last but not least - application doesn't require explicit permissions: since update mechanics doesn't involve checking notifications or any other phone related actions, just permission to read messages and contacts database are required for obvious reasons.
Application is presented as a full-functional trial version, test period is 7 days long. After that you may either thank developer using in-app purchase to get trial-free application associated with your Google account, or feel free to reinstall application as many times as you like to continue testing.