Brooks and hedges divide the lush greenery of looking-glass land into a chessboard, where Alice becomes a pawn in a bizarre game of chess involving Humpty Dumpty, Tweedledum and Tweedledee, the Lion and the Unicorn, the White Knight, and other nursery-rhyme figures. Promised a crown when she reaches the eighth square, Alice perseveres through a surreal landscape of amusing characters that pelt her with riddles and humorous semantic quibbles and regale her with memorable poetry, including the oft-quoted "Jabberwocky."
This handsome, inexpensive edition, featuring the original John Tenniel illustrations, makes available to today's readers a classic of juvenile literature long cherished for its humor, whimsy, and incomparable fantasy.
• Contains beautiful illustrations by artist John Tenniel.
• English audio text-to-speech allows the app to be read aloud to you (offline).
• ALL OFFLINE! This Book app is all offline, there is no need for an internet connection.
• Quick and easy navigation thanks to intuitive and organized navigation.
• Searchable keywords within the chapter.
• Font size can be changed to meet your needs.
• Automatic chapter bookmark resumes when restarted.
• Landscape or portrait orientation available.
• More updates are on the way!