The description of The Past Tense in English 1
I was seen in the sea by a shark that saw me. The most commonly used verbs in English have irregular past participles such as gone, make, wrote. This app uses amusing nonsense rhymes, alliteration, word association and dramatic images to teach you to recognize all the commonly used irregular past participles that you will encounter in every day spoken English. The amusing nonsense rhymes and alliteration not only help you to remember the irregular past participles, but provide a template that you can use to construct your own sentences in English, confident that you are expressing yourself correctly and fluently using the appropriate irregular past participle.
Students hear a spoken rhyme and choose the matching photo. After six right in a row, Race Mode starts automatically. It asks questions at speed to test the students' memory and comprehension of the rhymes just covered, before continuing with new ones. At the end of the race, students can see how well they have done relative to their other races. The game gradually focuses on any rhymes that the students have difficulty recognizing, and speeds up as competence is gained.
By contrast to Race Mode, Story Mode slowly introduces new rhymes by saying them as the photos are shown, allowing students to quietly look, listen and learn.
The game is controlled by on-screen gestures which are simple to demonstrate and easy to use, and the game can be played without voice prompts.
* Educational and entertaining game to introduce you to 144 irregular past participles in English.
* 144 spectacular photos to link situations to specific verbs
* Amusing rhymes helps you remember the past participle for each verb
* Alliteration confirms that you have remembered the correct rhyme
* Word association extends your vocabulary to related words
* Amusing rhymes provides a template with which to construct new sentences
* Links to Wiktionary for each verb
* Race Mode to test your memory
* Slideshow Mode to show you all the verbs in sequence
* Easy on-screen gestures for Facts, Race Mode, Race Results, Slideshow Mode, Story Mode, Zoom and Pan Mode, Quiet Mode, Wikipedia and Help.
"The Irregular Past in English" features Race Mode, which asks you questions at speed to test your memory. At the end of the race, you can check how well you have done relative to your other races. Slideshow Mode shows you all the photos and facts in sequence. Simply slide through the images with your finger on the screen, both horizontally and vertically. Zoom and Pan Mode allows you to magnify the photos and see more detail. Quiet Mode allows you to play this game with or without voice prompts. And you can quickly jump to the relevant page on Wiktionary for more information about each verb.
The paid version of this app has much higher resolution photos than the free version. The free version has lower resolution photos and does contain advertising but no push advertising. No Internet connection is required.