The description of TeamSafe™
TeamSafe™ is the only patent-pending, mobile sports safety system in an app. We all assume that when we drop off our child(ren) at practice or an athletic competition that they will be safe, that there are safety protocols in place and there is a person present who has access to the necessary emergency information and knows exactly what to do in an emergency medical situation. What if that is not the case?
TeamSafe™ is designed for parents, coaches, and administrators who mostly volunteer and simply love to watch the kids play. The app provides a sports safety system of documentation, communication, education, and oversight that gives parents peace of mind, allows the coach to "just coach," referees to just officiate, and provides risk mitigation for the sports organization. Our mission is to create a proactive culture and community of safety and preparedness in the world of youth sports.
What happens when an athlete goes down on the field? Emergency responders are at best 5 - 7 minutes away. Do you know what to do? Do you, the organization, have a plan?
TeamSafe™ App provides:
Emergency Contacts for each player
- No searching your phone's contact list and trying to remember names
- No more paper (legibility, storage, accessibility)
Emergency Medical Information for each player
- Coordinate care for athletes with medical conditions or who require an EpiPen®, asthma inhaler, or other meds with detailed use instructions that are accessible to the coach.
- Document parental consent for coach/manager to administer medications
- In these situations, decisive action is critical … seconds matter!
Parent-Athlete Concussion Information Sheet
- Concussion Information Sheet sent to every parent and athlete.
Emergency Care Center
Concise “how to” instructions for:
- Asthma Inhaler
- Bone Injury
- Dental Injuries
- Heat Injury
- Neck/Spine Injury
- Sickle Cell Trait
Sports Safety Facts (References available)
1. 1.35 million emergency room visits for youth sports injuries
2. The best emergency response time for an ambulance is 7 - 9 minutes.
3. For every minute your loved one goes unaided, his/her chance of survival decreases by up to 10%.
4. "Nearly all of the causes of death in sport are influenced by the care [provided] in the first five to seven minutes."
5. 63% of high schools do not have even one full time athletic trainer. 30% have no access to an athletic trainer.
6. "Most coaches do not have the proper medical education to treat injuries or recognize the common causes of life-threatening medical conditions, which puts the lives of athletes in jeopardy."
7. Over the last 25 years, the annual rate of concussion has gone up 1600%!
8. Pop Warner is Facing a Class Action Lawsuit Over Concussions