If you are in danger, follow the instructions below:
- Touch the flashing SOS screen, if the touchscreen is not responding, press Volume Up or Volume Down button;
- Your smartphone will issue your location via Wireless, will work even if the screen goes to sleep. When the terminal screen switched off, the notification red lights will flash at the time of rest, or when the coordinates being refreshed, this depends on your terminal.
If instead you okay and you want to help; locate others:
- Click the magnifying glass icon;
- It will start scanning for SOS emission, when it is found, will appear listed;
- Click on it;
- Location is displayed in app maps (you can serve an app maps working in offline mode eg, Yandex Maps), if the GPS is turned on, the distance will be displayed from your position to the person issuing the SOS;
- Don't worry if you close the app and lose the person/s that have appeared. One log record is created in the root of the storage unit with the name log.txt inside the folder called SOSoW. You will find two lines for each SOS over Wireless person found; The first refers to the date, day of month, year, hour. The second, the number in the order that has been found and its coordinates. When you find the number 1 again, it means that there has been a new run of the app.
How it works offline?
GPS and WiFi sensors of terminal are used, almost any smartphone of nowadays have it.
In the process of the person who needs help and wants to be localized, the sharing internet function of the terminal itself (Tethering or HotSpot) is used as if it were a WiFi router, acting as Access Point. Here we are basically interested in the name of the WiFi, which are the coordinates (Latitude and Longitude).
Therefore, GPS is who gets the coordinates and WiFi handles broadcast it in the air, in this way, anyone who receives the wireless signal can accurately know the position.
We do not need more than the GPS and WiFi to be located.
Coverage limitation is imposed by the WiFi, depending on the hardware of the terminal, there will be more or less coverage and more or less accurate GPS coordinates.
SOSoW is an emergency application, has been designed to avoid disrupting the localization process automatically. Therefore, it must consider the following:
- Open HotSpot: It means that if issued without undergoing emergency and where other persons predominate and GSM coverage exist, they may freely access to your access point and navigate through it, with the danger that entails.
Make sure the process of the app does not run in the background when you are not using, you must close completely to prevent false alarms;
- Switching emission function to make search by pressing the magnifying glass: If the hotspot is active, the seeking SOS emissions part can not be operated, is not a limitation, it will be necessary to stop the app to access the search function;
- LED lights still work: Depending on the terminal when the app is closed, notification LED continues to flash. In this case it will be necessary going back out, and the light will stop. It is a way of keeping it on on case of accident.