Screen Filter: Reduce the brightness of your screen, save battery.
Applies a shade that acts as a dimmer to ensure your eyes don't hurt. Far more powerful than Android's built-in brightness setting. Great for low-light gaming, web browsing, and eBook reading. It even saves battery life for AMOLED displays!
- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
What's New in the Latest Version 1.3
Last updated on May 11, 2015
- Fixes for KitKat
- Nicer status icon
- Updated UI theme
Help translate this app into your language! Go here: http://goo.gl/3Ex6Ia
- Clicking "install" in Android Market/Google Play does not work when filter is on
- Soft-key backlight control does not work on all phones
- Brightness pulses slightly when switching activities