School Run is the first attempt at developing our first game (as a family team). The game revolves around 2 main characters trying to get to school before 8am. The character approaching the school from the West, Nura, is tall, fast and can instinctively avoid stones due to his long strides. The character approaching the school from the East, Zaid, is slightly slower due to his small build but doesn’t have to worry about colliding with a high branch when he jumps. The player’s objective is to try and get at least one of them to school before 8am. Tap left-side of screen to make Nura jump and right-side of screen to make Zaid jump. Sounds easy? Try and see for yourself and let us know what you think of the game.
- Nura is quite fast. Hence, he’s a long jumper which means you can jump over a low branch even when starting your jump from some distance away from the branch.
- Zaid isn’t tall enough to reach a high branch even when he jumps. Therefore, you can focus on only avoiding low branches and stones with Zaid.
- Don’t bother jumping over stones with Nura as he can instinctively avoid them with his long strides. In fact, stones are mostly decoy traps for Nura. They are mostly followed by high branches that will collide with Nura if he attempts to jump over the stones.
- Be careful however as not all low obstacles are harmless to Nura. Some special obstacles can trip even the longest of strides. So beware.
- Watch out for well hidden obstacles (especially in the bushes, grass or behind foreground objects).
- Pick up time machines on the way (they look like a clock) to wind time back; thereby giving yourself more running time. This will prove vital to reaching school before 8am as these naughty boys always wake up late.
Concept art by Nura Othman
Vector graphics by Nura Othman
Run Animation by Nura Othman
Fall and jump Animations by Mustapha Othman
Jump and Fall Sounds from Opengameart.com
Concept art by Zaid Othman
Vector Graphics by Mustapha Othman
Run, Fall and Jump Animations by Mustapha Othman
Jump and fall sounds from Opengameart.com
Nana Character (Unlockable Character):
Concept art by Firdausy Othman
Vector Graphics by Zaid Othman
Run Animation by Zaid Othman
Concept art by Halima Othman
Tree type 1, Tree type 2, Building type 1:
Concept art by Firdausy Othman
Stone type 1:
Art obtained from a cancelled game project (Glitch) by the Glitch team.
Special thanks to freepik.com for the ff resources:
Stone type 2, Log, Tree type 3, Tree type 4, Tree type 5, Tree type 6, City background, Bull skull, Rocky background, Leafy background, Spooky tree 01, Spooky tree 02, Spooky tree03, Spooky tree 04, Building type 02, Building type 03, Building type 04, Building type 05, Building type 06, Building type 07, Street light
Special thanks to Opengameart.com for the ff resources:
Level 3 music, Level 4 music, Level 5 music, Menu music, Credits music, Fire sprite, Pick up clock fx sound
Main menu and icon design :
Concept by Halima Othman and Farida Othman
Vector Graphics by Mustapha Othman.
Sounds by Metaruka:
Game Game (Level 1)
Die Vonstantine (Level 2)
Game plot and Story by: Firdausy Othman, Nura Othman and Zaid Othman.
Original Concept of Dual Runner by: Arun Sai Vermana
Programmed by Mustapha Othman in C# with Unity game enigine.
Special thanks to the Unity Team.