If you're looking for the fastest way from point A to B, forget it. Our Get Outta Town series is all about finding the most scenic routes and the cool stops along the way. Our local scouts share their best-kept secrets with you.
Whether you're a local seeking a weekend getaway or a visitor looking to explore outside the city limits, our map will get you on the road. Along the way, you'll explore unique San Francisco area attractions: Point Reyes, Tomales Bay; Infineon Raceway; Lagunitas Brewing Company; French Laundry; Mount Diablo State Park; Napa Valley; Sonoma Valley; Cliff House, Chez Panisse; and so much more.
Whether you’re hitting the road solo, traveling with friends or have the kids in tow, our local scouts have handpicked the best scenic road trip for your excursion.
Get Outta Town Features:
• Routes that average 100-300 miles and showcase must-see points-of-interest
• Route Overview Map that lets you easily see where each route begins
• Your Location Pointer in relation to the route/map (with location services enabled)
• Turn-by-Turn directions
• Navigation capability to Starting Point and Nearest Point on the route
• Navigation capability to “Take Me There” for points-of-interest
• Download data capability in case of Internet connection failure
• Photo image and view gallery
• Facebook interface to share a picture, your location and to comment
Note: Separate log-in required.
This app requires the user to Sign Up and create an account to access the library and obtain updates.
Golden Gate Park? Golden Gate Drive is more like it.