The ACCIDENT message sent by Rider contains a Google Maps link informing the location.
Accident reporting adopts the following criteria:
1) On-road rides: Deceleration (impact) above 2 g or a rotation greater than 500 degrees/second, when the user is riding his motorcycle above 12 mph. The accident will be reported if, 15 seconds after the impact or rotation, the speed is below 3 mph, indicating that the motorcycle stop moving and the user has probably fallen.
2) Off-road rides: Same criteria, with the exception of the deceleration (impact), which must be above 4 g.
Rider also sends text messages with the location, if the button HELP ME! is pressed three times.
After the initial ACCIDENT or HELP ME! message, Rider will transmit location messages every 10 minutes.
In case of an ACCIDENT alarm, the APP. will beep and show the registered SMS number on the screen every 10 seconds. This feature may help paramedics or bypassers to contact the selected SMS number, in case the user is unconscious, providing that the smartphone screen is turned on, even if password protected.
The app. also provides an I AM OK! button that, when pressed once, sends a message informing that the user is safe.
Press de CONFIGURATION button and provide the following information:
1) Cell number that will receive messages;
2) Ride mode: on-road, off-road or test.
Test mode triggers the ACCIDENT alarm at any speed and after impact above 1 g, enabling the user to test the app. by simulating a sudden deceleration (by tapping on the smartphone) or rotation (by vigorously rotating the smartphone). The alarm will be activated if, 15 seconds after the simulation, the user is below 3 mph.
1) The location links sent by SMS can be opened by Internet browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer) installed on the smartphone that will receive the SMS. After pressing the link, the smartphone will present the programs that can be used to open it.
2) Rider will shut down if GPS is disabled.
3) The minimum interval between I AM HERE messages is 10 minutes.
THE CRITERIA ADOPTED BY THE APP. REPRESENTS A TYPICAL MOTORCYCLE FALL. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOME ACCIDENTS ARE NOT DETECTED.
THE APPLICATION MUST BE REGARDED ONLY AS A POSSIBLE MEANS OF SUPPORT IN CASE OF ACCIDENT.