The Rajasthan High Court as ‘A’ Class State, started with the strength of only 6 judges. For scrutinising as to whether the standard of working of all the Judges of the Rajasthan High Court as part ‘B’ State was as high as that of the Judges of the part ‘A’ State, the then Chief Justice of India, Hon’ble Mr. Justice S.R. Das came to Rajasthan. He observed that functioning of the High Court by sitting with the Hon'ble Judges in the Court and found that all the 6 Judges were fit to be appointed and on his recommendation, the President of India, issued fresh warrnats of appointment and once again the Oath taking ceremony took place on 1st Nov., 1956. Four Judges Viz. Justice Bapna, Justice Ranawat, Justice Sharma and Justice Bhandari used to sit in the Jaipur Bench, while Justice Dave and Justice Modi used to sit at Jodhpur, Chief Justice Wanchoo sitting at both places.
The Bench at Jaipur was initially abolished in the year 1958, however was again established with effect from 31.1.1977. The strength of the High Court, since thereafter went on increasing which has now become to 32 Judges.
So far as lower Judiciary is concerned, presently, the State is bifurcated into 33 Judgeships. There are 33 courts of District & Sessions Judges and 108 Courts of Additional District & Sessions Judges, 697 Judicial officers are working on the posts of Civil Judge (Senior Division) – cum – Chief Judicial Magistrate, Additional Civil Judge (Sr. Division)-cum-Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate and Civil Judge (Junior Division)-cum-Judicial Magistrate.