I haven't really tested app thoroughly. I was in need of such an application. so i developed it. It might have bugs. Codebase is provided. you can edit, compile and use. So If you come across bugs, instead of complaining, take the code base, fix it, and use. And ya, please share me the fix.
The biggest advantage is it is open source. The complete source code (including Android code, JAVA host app, c# font end app) is shared in my dropbox shared folder. Link: https://www.dropbox.com/l/Llr6VIlxIw7aqOwaXEXsQr?
I am providing a c#.net windows application(with source code), which communicates to JAVA host app. This application can be made as a windows context menu handler application.
Received file will be saved at qShare folder. Please use a file explorer program to view those.
More screenshots are provided at my dropbox shared folder.
* Open Source. Anyone can download the source code, modify, edit, compile, build and use
* Automatically establishes connection between host and android device
* Any type of file can be transferred
* C# .net windows application enables you to right click on a file in Explorer, and directly transfer the file to the device. (Windows Registry tweaks are required for this. screenshot is uploaded in dropbox shared folder)
* Fast file transfer, as it doesn't use any application protocol
* Each device and app pair uses the same device id, id can be changed and saved.
* Shows the status of file transfer in RED/GREEN color
* Shows the last activity
* Tested in only one device. App uses Relative Layout, so layout may not be perfect in different devices
* Multiple sessions cannot be run on a PC/Laptop
The shared codebase is already compiled. executables and .class files are already present in shared folder. If they don't work:
Steps to compile and run the JAVA host app:
$ javac qShare.java
$ java qShare
Dropbox shared folder link: https://www.dropbox.com/l/Llr6VIlxIw7aqOwaXEXsQr?