1. Your favorite food truck is going to be near your office at noon.
2. Your favorite radio station's radio van is parked near your house giving away free concert tickets that morning.
3. Later that afternoon, the parks and recreation department is having a special event at one of the parks that your children like to visit.
4. Tomorrow, the highway department is shutting down the on ramp you usually take to work.
5. One of your favorite bar/restaurant's is offering a 15% discount to any of their PynPoints subscribers who are currently nearby if they arrive in the next 20 minutes.
The possibilities are endless!
Setting up your PynPoints app is both simple and easy.
1. Define your PynPoints on the PynPoints tab. These are locations (addresses) that you want to be notified about. For example, your home, your office and your children's school. You can also be notified based on your current location (if enabled).
2. Subscribe to the businesses and organizations on the Subscriptions tab using their PynPoints hashtag. For example, to subscribe to fictitious Bob's BBQ Food Truck you might use the hashtag #bobs-bbq.
That's it! Then when the businesses or organizations that you are subscribed to create notifications that match one of your PynPoints or your current location (if enabled) and the time frame they've defined for the notification matches the current time, you will be notified.
These notifications will be listed on the Notifications tab.
You may also be notified via push notifications if you've enabled push notifications for the app.
It's really quite simple, but just in case you need more help, you will find a ? button in the upper hand corner of each screen that will provide you with an in-depth explanation about that particular screen
Now, go ahead and ask your favorite businesses and organizations if they are on PynPoints and if they aren't tell them they need to be!