It traces the history of a favored and chosen people, vacillating between allegiance to God and to the gods of the nations around them. In these pages can vividly be seen dramatic evidences of the raging struggle between God and Satan for the hearts of men and women.
The book abounds in fascinating character studies:
- The wise Solomon, whose wisdom did not keep him from transgression.
- Jeroboam, the self-serving man of policy, and the evil results which followed his reign.
- The mighty and fearless Elijah.
- Elisha, the prophet of peace and healing.
- Ahaz, the fearful and wicked.
- Hezekiah, the loyal and good-hearted.
- Daniel, the beloved of God.
- Jeremiah, the prophet of sorrow.
- Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi, prophets of the restoration.
Beyond them all rises in glory the coming King, the Lamb of God, the only-begotten Son, in whom the typical sacrifices find fulfillment.
That this volume with its rich lessons of faith in God and His Son, the Saviour of the world, and the stories of His providence in the lives of great men and women of Old Testament times may deepen the religious experience and enlighten the minds of all who read its pages.
Important. In order to listen the audio files, your device must be connected to Internet.