This dictionary is an extensive and practical travel companion for the successful handling of construction projects abroad and indispensable for anyone who communicates and negotiates in foreign construction, with foreign-speaking construction companies, builders or professional engineers in English.
In addition to the main vocabulary of construction and plant engineering, there are expressions from many specialized foreign construction areas, which in many cases saves the user the trouble of searching in several specialty dictionaries.
A special feature is the accommodation of expressions for the following contractual conditions: International FIDIC contractual conditions, Honorarordnung für Architekten und Ingenieure (German fee ordinance for architects and engineers) (HOAI)
About the UniLex-App for Android
- Clear and intuitive user interface
- Automatic search for all occurences of your search term. Example: searching for "strength" will also find "structural strengthing" and "strength development".
- Filtering function to summarize search results in a list of results
- Fast scrolling in an index list
- Hyperlinks enable to navigate back and forth between the articles of the dictionary
- Display of a list of search results with a up/down page scroll to further results
- Two-list-display - headword list and search results - in the tablet-app
- You can try out the software for a limited time without purchasing a serial number from Acolada. After this trial interval has expired, the software ceases to function. If you want go on using the software after that, you have to purchase a serial number from Acolada.
- Offline usage: the UniLex app needs to be downloaded only once. No further internet/roaming cost will incur on usage.