Kids are the most susceptible ones to drowning if no safety measures are implemented around the pool area. But it does not mean that only kids are in danger of falling in the pool. Safety precautions around swimming pools are necessary for overall safety of everybody, including your pets.
So the most preferred and best way to prevent such accidents is to follow swimming pool safety tips and to install pool security fence around the swimming pools. If you are a pool owner, act responsibly by having all such necessary equipment at your swimming pool. You also have to act wisely in choosing pool safety fencing. There are lots of swimming pool safety fencing items available in the market which come in varied designs and specifications to suit the pool area. One needs to make sure that it is strong enough to remain at its original position, even under high pressure.
Along with providing security around the pool to prevent children and pets from drowning, pool security fence can also be used to provide privacy. Pool security fence should not let children to slip over or under the fence. In certain regions, pool safety fencing is made necessary by law to help prevent accidents like of drowning children.
Factors like quantity of fencing required, material used in construction can vary the installation and maintenance cost. There are various kinds of pool security fence depending on the construction. You can choose from the following varieties, as per your requirement and budget:
* Chain link: This is strong and does not need much maintenance. Besides, this is also cost effective. It can be installed without leaving any gaps and also there is no need to paint it.
* Wood: Wooden pool security fencing is attractive and effectively serves the purpose of security and privacy. It needs maintenance on annual basis in the form of staining or painting. At times, it can break, crack or chip.
* Aluminum: Aluminum fencing is a cost effective option and also does not require much maintenance. These are used privacy, security and decorative purposes.
* Vinyl: Vinyl fencing is easy to install and also coma at affordable rates. It exhibits strength to withstand hard conditions.
* Wrought Iron: This can cost maximum as compared to the other mentioned items. But, it's no less in strength and attractive look. It should not be used at places where privacy is needed. One must paint this with any color, as per his/her preference because it can catch rust without paint.
One of the best rights we have as a species is the general right to privacy. I don't care if you're my neighbor, you don't have free reign to know what books I like to read outside my pool. Fences are a great way to block people from any annoying amateur spy operations. This isn't the only reason for a good privacy fence though. You will often need it for reasons of general safety and liability.
Let's actually start with your options though. There is the simple horse fence if you are merely looking for an affordable and decorative option to surround your large property. This is basically just the standard farmhouse fence that a lot of traditionally-themed places use. It's just a few planks between other planks to form a few wooden lines that make crossing difficult. This will obviously do nothing for privacy and or safety. You are as exposed as either. There is a huge gap in between the planks and these generally can't be very high. Safety isn't present at all. Someone or something can go under or jump over the fence at any time that they feel like it.