Our main focus is on you, the sender, and your privacy. You are not being tracked, you are sending out location anonymously to people you specifically want to share with, via a pinggl. You are in complete control. Pinggl is the simplest and safest way to communicate your location.
The possibilities are endless, here are ways our users have been using Pinggl:
• Meeting Up for Coffee - Share your location with a friend whose waiting for you at a coffee shop.
• Expected at Home - Let family know how close you are to home, so they know when to prepare dinner.
• Rushing to a Meeting - If you’re running late to a meeting with a client, give them your Pinggl so they know exactly when you will arrive.
• Marathon Runner - Share your location with all your friends and family to cheer you on as you run the marathon.
• Picking Up at Airport - Always too late or too early picking up a family or friend from the airport? Send them a pinggl so they can step out on the curb right when you arrive. Avoid having to pay for parking.
• Food Truck Business - Food truck business owners can share their location by sharing their Pinggl with their fans.
• Picking Up Friend - If you’re picking up your friend from their house, send them your Pinggl so they come out right when you get there. Don’t let them wait outside in the cold.
• Child’s Field-trip - Use Pinggl to know your kids are safely on their way to their field trip destination.
• Celebrity Blogger - Attending a special event? Tweet out your Pinggl so your fans can follow you too!
• Location reporting to the server is secured with SSL.
• Pinggl's position expires after 10 minutes since last update.
• Your identity is not associated to a pinggl. An observer of a pinggl will not know its originator unless they are informed prior (i.e. you send it to them).
• Battery usage is as reasonable as your navigation application due to GPS use. When no pinggl is active, no GPS is used.