You just need to send an activation SMS to start Pinging and you will be aware of every incoming SMS and Call during that time. This information will be forwarded to your Host's phone via SMS so you don't need to worry about Network strength of the location you left your phone.
We know you might be expecting some important call or maybe just a friend inviting you for some drinks. Whatever the reason, you won't miss all that information and can react accordingly. Ping also lets you know the location of your phone and how much battery is left.
How to use Ping:
1) Send an Sms with activation command and Host phone number, like: #pingto# 5551234567 password. Or just send #ping# password and your Host will be the sending phone
2) Done! Your Host will start receiving all your incoming SMS as well as notify you about incoming Calls
3) You can send #location# to your phone and PIng will reply with your Phone's location and battery level
4) Send #stop# and Ping will immediately stop forwarding Events to your Host
5) Send #help# to get a list of all available commands
We are currently offering 3 features which you can unlock to get the very best of Ping and all its potential:
1) History. See all the interactions that have happened between you and your Host, like incoming calls or SMS that Ping forwarded to your Host. This way is very easy to track what information you have shared during a Ping session
2) Auto reply. Select from a predefined list a message which Ping will automatically reply to all incoming Calls and SMS, so whoever is trying to reach you will know that you are not available
3) Privacy level. With this feature you can enable a high Privacy level to avoid Ping from sending Contact names or text messages to your Host. This is perfect if you do not want your Host to know who has contacted you or what anybody has texted to you, but still have the phone number to get back in case you need it
In order to offer you the best experience, we require the following Android permissions:
Receive / Send SMS: We need to recognize the commands sent to Ping via incoming SMS, and then Ping will send proper SMS to your Host.
Read phone state: This way we can know when you are getting an incoming call so Ping can notify you.
Location: We try to find the most up to date and accurate location whenever you send the #location# command.
Read Contacts: We know nowadays nobody remembers a phone number. Because of this we query the number of incoming SMS or Call to show you the name of whoever tried to reach you.
Read profile: Ping queries your own Profile picture to put it in the Home screen for a better user experience.
External storage: In order to fix any bug in Ping in a faster way, we write a log with useful information into a text file which you can send us at any time via Email feedback. You decide whether or not to send this file.