- PicoMBES-40 wideband CHIRP FM MBES
- PicoFLS-40 wideband CHIRP forward look imaging sonar
- PicoDive hand held diver sonar
- Install the PicoSonar-40 Android app from the Play Store.
- Configure a new Android Wi-Fi connection, SSID PicoSonar, static IP address 10.0.100.70 (Settings->Wi-Fi)
- Mount PicoFLS-40 on the vessel pointing forward, mount PicoMBES-40 pointing vertically downwards. Experiment with the PicoFLS-40 depression angle in use to obtain the best results.
- Power on the sonar, 12-36V @ 1-0.3A.
- Start the PicoSonar-40 Android App.
- After ~10s the sonar will start pinging automatically and the real-time sector display will update as the acoustic transmission propagates.
- Use the settings menu in the top right to adjust the sonar's PRF and contrast.
- Pinch to zoom the display and swipe to scroll.
- To display PicoMBES-40 bottom detection, select Display->Beam & Bottom Detection
- To replay data, select Storage->Replay from the settings menu.
NOTE: when operating the system, the transducers must be fully immersed in water. Never operate the system in air as this may cause permanent damage. For testing onshore, immerse the sonar in a bucket of fresh water.
For OEM integration www.picotech-ltd.com/PicoMBES-40.html and www.picotech-ltd.com/PicoDive.html
This app has been developed and tested on Nexus 9 tablets running Android 5.0 Lollipop and Nexus 7 2012 and 2013 tablets running Android 4.4 KitKat