* Stay motivated and engaged
* Deal with academic setbacks
* Organize their time and responsibilities
* Leverage their peers and campus resources for support, and
* Make progress towards their short- and long-term goals.
Initial studies show that Persistence Plus students earn higher grades on average than students not using Persistence Plus, and a majority of students report that Persistence Plus makes them feel more supported and driven. Persistence Plus users say:
"Thanks for the encouragement and vote of confidence."
"The program works. When I felt trouble about math, I would get a persistence text. That helped."
"The motivational text messages helped me realized that I made this commitment for a reason, which is to succeed in college as a first-generation student."
Students who attend colleges partnering with Persistence Plus will receive a code to access the service.