peer.me starts with emphasis on the highest level of privacy and security on the internet for telephony, video, chat and data transfer on the Internet.
The use of peer.me is absolute for free..
Behind the principle of peer.me is WebRTC (Web Realtime Communication), which allows on a W3C and IETF standards an end-to-end communication between multiple browsers on the network.
The pure communication is encrypted (via DTLS and SRTP) between all participants. Peer.me serves as a platform to establish peer-to-peer connections and the supply of additional functions (eg, contacts, history, conferencing etc.). Unlike traditional applications such as Skype or WhatsApp stores peer.me neither chat messages, files or connecting information.
If you want to use a messenger with a commitment to the highest value on privacy and security, is peer.me the right alternative for you.
- free chat - starting from August also with telephony, video and data transfer
- interoperability with web browsers (eg Chrome, Firefox)
- secure end-to-end encryption (DTLS-SRTP)
- works both in WiFi and mobile data networks (thanks TURN)
- get your own domain “maxmustermann.peer.me”
- simple registration via email Link
All peer.me servers are located in Germany, so that they are also subject to the strict privacy policies of the Federal Republic and the European Union.