● ENGLISH TEXT
● ENGLISH VOICE OUTPUT
The Pearl of Great Price is part of the standard works of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church, Mormonism) and some other Latter Day Saint denominations.
The first paragraph of the Introductory Note in the LDS edition of the Pearl of Great Price reads:
The Pearl of Great Price is a selection of choice materials touching many significant aspects of the faith and doctrine of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These items were produced by Joseph Smith Jr. and were published in the Church periodicals of his day.
Contents (five sections):
● Selections from the Book of Moses: Portions of the Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible (JST), including the teachings and prophecies of Enoch and his testimony of Jesus Christ.
● The Book of Abraham: The book, which Smith claims to have translated the Book of Abraham from purchased papyri, relates Abraham's journeys in Egypt, containing many distinctive Mormon doctrines such as exaltation and the plurality of gods. Considerable controversy surrounds the surviving papyri claimed as the source for the translation of the Book of Abraham.
● Joseph Smith--Matthew: Portions of the JST of the Book of Matthew
● Joseph Smith--History: A first-person narrative of Joseph Smith, Jr.'s life before the founding of the Church including an account of the First Vision and other heavenly visitations.
● The Articles of Faith: A concise listing of thirteen fundamental doctrines of Mormonism composed by Joseph Smith as part of a 1842 letter sent to "Long" John Wentworth, editor of the Chicago Democrat.
The original contents of the book were slightly different, reproducing material found in the Doctrine and Covenants and a poem entitled "Oh Say What is Truth?" (which is now found in the LDS Church hymnal). In 1878 some material from the Book of Moses was added. The Pearl of Great Price was canonized in 1880. In 1902 the material reproduced in the Doctrine and Covenants was removed. Two other documents, now found as Doctrine and Covenants 137 and 138, were added to the Pearl of Great Price in 1976 and moved to their current location in 1979.
● Standalone software - no eBook reader needed
● Daylight & nighttime colors
● Voice output (text to speech, TTS)
● Move to SD card
● Clickable table of contents
● English and German program language
● Contents rotate automatically (portrait/landscape)
● Fullscreen images on/off by long click
● Options menu
+ Help page
+ Settings page
- Text color
- Background color
- Text size
- Text padding
+ Link to all iwpSoftware apps in Android Market
+ Go to bookmark
+ Set bookmark
+ Set current image as wallpaper
+ Link to image/item/description
This app is available as a FREE and a PRO version. The FREE edition includes ads which finance the development while the PRO edition is completely ad-free. Apart from that both versions are equal. You can first check out the FREE edition without any risk in order to to see if you like the app. If the ads annoy you or you just want to support this app's development, you can buy the PRO edition.