The Oxford Dictionary of Music brings together an unrivalled collection of over 12,500 entries covering musical subjects of all kinds in an authoritative and accessible way. Included in this impressive work are entries on composers, performers, conductors, musical terms and forms, instruments, works, venues, and a host of other topics.
Containing 5,000 entries on composers, most of which include up-to-date worklists, The Oxford Dictionary of Music also provides entries on conductors, performers, directors, critics, producers and designers of international repute, writers and scholars. Entries also cover individual works, including operas and ballets, orchestras and companies from around the world, famous opera houses, concert-halls, and musical festivals. Musical terms and styles, as well as forms ranging from operatic, vocal, and film scores, to song cycles, chamber, hymns, barbershop, and oratorios are covered, as are general themes such as musicology, acoustics, and absolute pitch, and historical periods such as the Byzantine era. Entries also include a wide range of musical instruments, from the familiar - strings, wind, and brass - to the less familiar - aeolian harp, bamboula and sackbut.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS - effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
• Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
• An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
• Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
• ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
• ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
• ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
• Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
***This is a fully functional 30-day trial version***
Get MORE by purchasing the full version of the Oxford Dictionary of Music:
• Feature-complete license for unlimited time
• Offline mode - look up words without an internet connection
• Premium Support – our support team will help you