OPC XML-Data Access (OPC XML-DA) is the OPC Foundation’s adoption of the XML set of technologies to facilitate the exchange of plant data across the internet, and upwards into the enterprise domain.
* Support for XMLDA 1.0 Specification
* Support for Subscription based Read of data
* Support for OPC servers namespace browsing
* Support for reading items properties
* Basic Authentication
* Definition of multiple server connections
* User defined grouping of items
* Disabled data writes
* Disabled synchronous Read
* An API to access the core XML DA functionality of this application is available by contacting Softing Industrial Automation. (http://www.softing-ia.de/industrial-automation/)
The application comes pre installed with default settings for accessing an online OPC XML DA server published by Softing Industrial Automation Gmbh.
This server is intended to be used only for testing purposes; its namespace is exposing a wide variety of item data types in order to demonstrate the functionality of the Android OPC.XML.DA client.
The communication can be started by tapping the toggle button on the main screen.
Defining the access to other servers, and logical grouping of the items to be read is made by accessing the system menu.
Adding or removing new/existing items to/from the groups is possible by browsing the namespaces and checking/unchecking selected items.
Visualization of the properties of a specific item is possible by tapping it.
In order to connect servers in addition to the pre-configured one, you have to fill a registration form.
Once you define multiple servers and grouping of your OPC items, you can switch between them by tapping the arrow buttons on the top of the main screen.