Throw away your pager & monthly bills!! Allows Custom alerting for incoming text messages (SMS & MMS). Turn your phone into a pager, with received text messages!
- IT professionals
- Anyone wanting to customize text alerts from a certain sender
- Do you participate in an on call rotation where you get your pages via a text message? Hospital or IT professional?
- Need persistent reminders until you acknowledge the text from a certain someone or group?
- Need better control over sound alerts for text alerts?
- Need to silence alerts from a certain someone, area code, or email domain?
- Have a girlfriend or spouse that you can't afford to miss a text from?
- Get text messages from your children that you cannot miss?
- Free!! Free version is completely functional and no ads; Pro version simply has more features
- Download the Pro version to get access to all the locked features! (Search: OnCall Pager Pro)
- Very light-weight application, tiny install
- Works on KitKat
- Simple easy to user interface
- Supports SMS & MMS types of text messages, including MMS via email
- Reminder feature (persistent) for a keyword match for multiple senders
- Works great for scenarios where sender has different numbers each time (If your work for example sends texts from different numbers, but all begin with 712######, then just enter 712 as search string in ContactMatch to get a match
- Can enter search string to distinguish sender(s) (Contact # or email), then apply rules against (either email if coming via email, or phone # if coming via phone). Since it's a search string you can use just a partial # such as an area code, or domain name from email, etc (Could set to get persistent reminders for all email MMS texts sent from your work, for example).
- CustomContacts show a red Notification icon, while all other texts show a green icon
- Select actions for text from custom sender: Ignore only this sender, Only alert for this sender, Alert for everyone
- Spam filter option - prevent alerts for numbers with 6 digits or less
- Select custom sounds
- In-app volume control seperate from other system volumes
- Vibrate option
- Notification LED: blinks green for default senders, red for a match
- Many other options
Permissions Explained: (applies to both versions)
- Needed to process incoming SMS text message: RECEIVE_SMS, READ_SMS,
- Needed to process incoming MMS text message: RECEIVE_WAP_PUSH, RECEIVE_MMS
- Needed for vibrate option: VIBRATE
- Needed to translate incoming sender to a Contact in your phone: READ_CONTACTS
- Needed to keep device on while it is processing a message and alerting: WAKE_LOCK
- Needed for troubleshooting, but only used when Debug option or Email logs option in the menu is selected: READ_LOGS, WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE (allows logs to be written to storage device)
- Every phone and carrier is different, so make sure to test first!
- Disclaimer: Developer is NOT responsible for any missed texts!
- Within App, go into Menu Options to get Help or App info including versioning
- If you are having trouble with getting CustomContact to work, open a text from the sender you want to apply the rule to, select their message to get to message details or try to long press their actual message & click Details (differs on each phone). In there you should see the raw "From:" field. This is the field the app uses to search against for the CustomContact. Should be either a phone number or an email address.
- If you still can't figure it out, please send the Developer an email, along with the Logs (Menu Options->Email Logs to Developer)
- Activate option in Menu Options should be ignored; Find the Pro version in the market to upgrade.
Keywords: OnCall On-call On Call Pager Hospital IT Doctor