Wherever you live, whatever you do for a living, no matter how much you’ve paid for your item, regardless the security means, your item can be stolen.
Save time and nerves. Obrench gives you 3 quick and free of charge ways of notification about thief: Mobile App, SMS, WWW.
How it works
1. Somebody steals your item
2. You may report theft:
- via Obrench mobile app,
- at www.obrench.com, or
- by sending in an SMS your item number to an Obrench alert number +48 512 112 112 (please check the cost of sending a standard SMS to an European typical mobile number with your operator).
3. All of your Obrench friends and other Obrench users from your country and region receive notifications that an item has been stolen from you. Other Obrench users may also easily find out about this fact. If you are going abroad with your item, update your account settings by indicating the “country and region of temporary residence”, for users from that country and region to be notified in case your item is stolen there.
Obrench app doesn’t follow you, it’s you who defines in which country and region you currently are. We designed the app to provide freedom of settings and ensure privacy for you and also for us, because we are Obrench users, too. The connection with the database is secure, the app has a trusted SSL certificate.
Benefits of using the app:
- easy theft reporting
- checking whether eg. the bike has been stolen before buying it
- checking what has been stolen in the neighborhood or receiving notification via the app
- checking what has been stolen worldwide
- finding out how and where theft occurred
- comment on a stolen item
- easy item adding and setting privacy options
- easy theft information sharing
- easy personal settings adjustment
- gadgets – lights you can use after dark and even send a light SOS signal
- and above all this you can really help someone or receive it from other users.
Obrench provides also easy ways of informing about theft via e-mail, other web pages and ready to print and hang in the neighborhood posters.
However, please keep in mind that Obrench does not substitute any legal authorities (e.g the Police) which should be informed by you about theft according to your needs or legal provisions. Obrench does not inform any legal authorities about theft reported via Obrench. Everyone, including the Police may use the functionality “check item”, which we hope shall be advantageous in the process of recovering stolen items.
Other functionalities of Obrench:
Apart from the main functionality helping you notify about theft of your item, Obrench also provides a range of other functionalities such as e.g. adding and browsing reviews, sharing photos, establishing discussion groups and very easy Obrench account privacy management.
Download the app, protect your item and help others.