For any support queries or feedback, please contact the NGT Helpdesk through:
By using NGT Lite, you agree to the terms of the BT Applications Software License Agreement:
Once installed, you should link your UK fixed or mobile phone number in NGT Lite. When linked, the app can create a connection over the Internet which works in parallel to your phone call to enable voice and real-time text to be combined into a single phone conversation. This enables you, as someone who is hearing or speech-impaired, to communicate with other phone users either directly, if they are also using the app, or via the NGT Relay if they’re a telephone user.
NGT Lite is designed to work with individual fixed and mobile phone numbers. Organisations wanting to use NGT Lite must ensure that the Calling Line Identification (CLI) for outgoing calls is unique to the phone being used. The CLI must also match the incoming phone number for the NGT App to be able to receive calls.
After linking NGT Lite to your phone number, you can make a call by starting the app and then, using your phone, dialling 18001 followed the number you’re calling. As your phone call connects via the NGT Service, a Join Call dialogue pops up on the app. Once you join the call, any text announcements or conversation appears in the app and you can type your reply. You can also use your phone to speak directly to the other person or hear their voice.
• Download and install the NGT Lite app
• Open NGT Lite
• In the Options page, add your full UK telephone number (e.g. 0791…)
• Using your phone, dial 0800 500 888
• You’ll get a text announcement saying the app is linked to your phone number
Making a call:
• Open NGT Lite, the green icon will show that you’re connected
• Make your call by dialling 18001 followed by the full telephone number you wish to call
• Switch back to the app and click Join Call
• You can now type and read, speak and read, or type and hear your conversation, either direct or via the NGT Relay
Answering a call:
• Caller dials 18002 followed by your phone number
• Phone rings
• Open NGT Lite and click Join Call
• You can now type and read your conversation, either direct or via the NGT Relay
• If you want to speak and read, or type and hear your conversation, answer the phone call before clicking Join Call
If you’d like to verify the correct functionality of the app, after linking your phone number in NGT Lite, you can dial the NGT Helpline on 0800 500 888 from your phone and connect to that call with the app for a test run.
Please note: To use your smartphone to make or answer a phone call and run NGT Lite at the same time, you must make sure your smartphone supports simultaneous voice and data or, if not, you’ll need to have a Wi-Fi connection.
Notice: The NGT Lite app incorporates the use of the JSON Simple library under Apache License 2.0. http://code.google.com/p/json-simple/