The free offline english dictionary application explains the meaning of english words! Definitions are based on english wiktionary.
New English Dictionary meets the needs of all English speakers and learners of the whole world. This dictionary tells about the grammatical category, parts of speech, synonyms, hyponyms, antonyms, and hyponyms with real world examples. Strong suggestion base search and spell checking algorithm is implemented, which make your search faster and accurate. Book mark facility is added to add your favorite words in a separate list for future understanding. You can also check your recent search history.
New English dictionary application is free dictionary which explains the meaning of English words, definitions and many more.
It works offline without any further files to download.
This is the free offline English dictionary and thesaurus with synonyms, related words and great search and fast response. Audio pronunciations are also available.
English dictionary contains 160,000+ words with about 2, 40,000+ definitions and examples.
✔ Fast Search
✔ Search autocomplete
✔ Audio pronunciation
✔ Online Voice Search
✔ Synonym, hyponyms, antonyms, hypernyms with a lot of examples
✔ Offline, no need of internet
✔ UK accent audio pronunciation for words and definitions/meanings
✔ Search word by voice
✔ Different suggestions for your voice search
✔ English Dictionary
✔ English Dictionary offline
✔ English voice search dictionary
For those who are preparing for competitive exams like GRE, TOEFL, CAT it will be very useful for them. It is not possible to either carry or open a Dictionary Book always. But the electronic Dictionary will be always with You as Phone is your closest companion now a days.
+ Learn English with the lessons of English grammar included in the dictionary:
- Verb Tense
- Verb tense - Simple Present
- Verb tense - Simple Past
- Verb tense - Simple Future
- Verb tense - Present Continuous
- Verb tense - Past Continuous
- Verb tense - Future Continuous
- Verb tense - Present Perfect
- Verb tense - Past Perfect
- Verb tense - Future Perfect
- Verb tense - Present Perfect Continuous
- Verb tense - Past Perfect Continuous
- Verb tense - Future Perfect Continuous
- Irregular verbs
- Conditionals - Zero conditional
- Conditionals - First conditional
- Conditionals - Second conditional
- Conditionals - Third conditional
- Conditionals - Mixed conditional
- Conjunctions - Coordinating conjunctions
- Conjunctions - Correlative conjunctions
- Conjunctions - Subordinating conjunctions
- Comparative and Superlative Adjectives
- Singular and Plural Nouns
- Count Nouns and Uncountable Nouns
- Possessive Nouns
- Action Verbs
- Active / Passive Verb Forms
- Mood for Grammar
- Auxiliary Verbs Be, Do, Have
- Auxiliary Verbs Will/Would and Shall/Should
- Auxiliary Verbs Can/Could and May/Might/Must
- Prepositions On, At, and In
- Prepositions Of, To, and For
- Prepositions With, Over, and By
- Indefinite and Definite Articles
+ Other good dictionaries that you can download:
- Dictionary - Merriam-Webster
- English Dictionary - Offline
- LEO dictionary
- Oxford Dictionary
- Collins English Dictionary
You can search words quickly. You can also filter the words alphabetically.
Search features include:
- Alphabetical listing
- Spelling suggestions
- Sounds-like and often-confused
- Fast pattern-matching search (*, ?, vowel and consonant)
- Filter search results by noun, verb, adjective, adverbs
Give it a try and give us your feedback.