This Nature Viewing application was developed by the Florida Museum of Natural History, University of Florida IFAS Department of Entomology and Nematology and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, with support from grants from the Florida Wildflower Foundation and Florida Museum Associates.
• Search for 200 birds by name or filter by color, size, shape and season.
• Search for 106 butterflies by name or filter by color, size and family. Compare to similar species and learn about their larval host plants.
• Search for 247 flowering plants by name or filter by color, size, flower type, flower arrangement and plant form. Learn about some of Florida’s most notorious invasive plants.
• A list of the 491 sites along the Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Viewing Trail; search nearby sites by current location or any city in Florida. Find the sites on a map.
• Learn about Florida’s unique habitats and current conservation concerns.
• Bookmark favorite species and sites.