1. Signup: The user can register as a service provider. The user needs to enter the details and also, upload driver license documents (two images mandatory).
2. The user needs to verify One time password received as text message on the phone.
3. Once the user is verified by the admin, the user needs to go on duty to receive bookings.
4. Receive Booking: The user will receive a booking once he is on on-duty. The service provider (user) can accept or reject a particular booking. On clicking on the “New” tab on the home screen, fresh bookings that need to be either accepted or rejected are visible and “Upcoming” tab contains the bookings that are accepted and have not been started yet. Otherwise, the home screen contains the bookings in terms of ETA that need to done.
5. Once the booking is in upcoming tab, user can view the job details and needs to click on “Start”.
6. On the Enroute screen, after arriving on the service location, driver needs to click on “Arrived”.
7. Proof of service: choose whether product is in store or no, upload relevant pictures and mark store as visited. User cannot move further unless he mark store as visited.
8. User needs to give the ratings (mandatory) and write a feedback (optional), finally click on the “submit” button.
9.If the user select product in store “No” then booking will be “Failed” and user view this booking in Past bookings (Past and current are two tabs in My bookings section) with the status “Failed”. If user selects the product in store “Yes” then booking will be successful.
9. Once approved by the admin, the user can login and can edit his/her profile and upload maximum five images.
1. We have integrated Crashlytics for crash analytics, and have not used any IDFA framework for advertisement.
2. We are fetching location only when the app is in use.