MedX enables end-to-end encryption of text messages and images, allowing doctors to communicate confidential medical information quickly to colleagues without compromising patient confidentiality. MedX allows doctors to rapidly find colleagues by name, speciality or location and communicate quickly without having to give out their mobile number.
NOTE: This app is only available for use by verified, AHPRA registered Australian doctors. To receive a registration invitation code, please contact [email protected] or another doctor who is already registered with MedX.
Why should you use MedX?
* To search for doctors by name, speciality and location
- Find and communicate with specialists nearest a patient's home
- Feed back findings/updates to a patient's GP
- Rapidly communicate important radiology & lab results
* To protect patient confidentiality
- Encryption in transit: messages are encrypted by the sender using AES256 PGP standard, and can only be decrypted by the recipient.
- Encryption at rest: all information on your phone is encrypted when MedX is not in use, which means other apps cannot access this data
- 2-factor authentication
* For medicolegal peace-of-mind
- Messages self-destruct after 7 days (MedX is not a medical record)
- Audit trail preserved to document when a MedX exchange took place
- Compatible with AHPRA & AMA guidances
- HIPAA compliant
* To avoid missing important communications
- MedX automatically sends reminder notifications by normal SMS messaging, and then by fax when unread messages remain in a MedX inbox.
* Because you don't want to keep giving out your mobile number
- Communicate without worrying about giving out your mobile number
- Block unwanted communications