This free version of LoopSkool Chinese gives you a taste of the first level in the LoopSkool Chinese series. This free version has five chants: the full version has 50 chants! The content of this app has been created according to Stage 1 of the International Curriculum for Chinese Language Education.
FUN AND GAME-LIKE!
LoopSkool guides you through 3 modes:
1. PLAY chants: Listen to a chant on loop. The memory power of rhythm means you won’t just remember it: you’ll never forget! You can even loop an individual phrase to really make it stick!
2. DO activities: Fun interactive exercises test your memorization of words and sentences. You’ll be getting the four tones of Mandarin right, the KEY to pronunciation that opens the door to understanding.
3. TEST yourself: Timed tests record your score and speed. Work your way up through levels Red, Orange and Green. You know you’re ready to progress to the next lesson when you’re in the green.
Recent research (and people’s experience over thousands of years) shows that rhythm makes things stick in your brain. Music is the reason we remember advertising jingles and song lyrics for decades after we have forgotten most of what we learned at school.
All LoopSkool chants are recorded by professional male and female voice artists from Beijing with standard Beijing accents: the desired accent for learners of Mandarin Chinese.
LOOPSKOOL KEEPS TRACK OF YOUR PROGRESS
At any time, you can see how you’re doing. The activities keep track of your accuracy and speed, showing you which chants you have memorized well and which ones need more attention.
- Content follows the International Curriculum for Chinese Language Education.
- Check out our website for lists of grammar points and vocabulary used in the chants.
- LoopSkool’s creators have years of experience in Chinese education and education software.
Each line of each chant has five activities to check your recall and understanding:
- Activity 1: You choose the matching English translation.
- Activity 2: You drag and drop the words/syllables into the right order.
- Activity 3: You find the word/syllable that has the wrong tone.
- Activity 4: You drag and drop the right tone mark to match each word/syllable.
- Activity 5: You type the pinyin for each word/syllable.
As you can see, you’ll get a good workout on the four tones of Mandarin Chinese. Oh, and did we mention they’re the KEY to being understood in Mandarin Chinese?