- Curtains and blinds. Curtains and drapes are two completely different sets of window treatments in interior design; although the terms are often used interchangeably. Curtains refers pleated panels that hang from a decorative rod or pole. The type of treatment that is moving and the window can be opened during the day and closed at night. With curtains, consider placing a chic, modern oval mirror on the opposite wall to help reflect light. This is important because the curtains were prohibiting some natural light from entering your home. Pair them with a mirror can help increase the amount of natural light that you receive during the day.
- Valensi. Valence can be collected bunches of fabric, pleated, arched wooden structure and so on. Such as blinds or curtains, valances very versatile.
- Shades or Blinds. A common staple for many homes, shades or blinds come in a number of colors, styles, shapes and sizes. This type of treatment can accommodate a number of window decorating ideas as they are available in various styles such as Roman shades, balloon shades, the color of the clouds, Austrian shades, honeycomb blinds, vertical blinds and more.
- Cornice. Cornice is padded cloth-covered box and, if desired, the type of trim. Edge can be formed, such as toothed, rounded or straight. It is often preferred because they can help to hide the hardware that is used to hang other window treatments, thus providing a smoother overall look in a room.
- Sheers. Another popular type of window treatment in interior design, sheers allow light through the day and is perfect for use in the spring, summer and early autumn. They are lightweight and attractive to look at. In the late autumn and winter, they can be exchanged with heavy curtains or drapes.
- Feng Shui Main Door Facing Window .Depending on the particular style of feng shui being used, a favorable site can be determined by reference to local features such as bodies of water, stars, or a compass.
Of course, these are just a few options when it comes to window treatments. There is also a custom window coverings for custom shaped window, as the arch over the door. In addition, there is a skylight window treatments, swags, jabots and lambrequins.
Living Room windows can dramatically change the look of your living room. Living room windows can add light to your room, enhance your wall colors or furniture, and even provide security for you and your family. Adding colors or tone to the room, showcasing a breathtaking view, or simply providing a more modern look are just a few living room window ideas. We a variety of colors, materials, sound control windows and styles to match what your window ideas for living room decorating are.
Ask any homeowner what the top amenity that they love about their home and their response is usually the views and the location. In fact, many homeowners can stand to live in a smaller home if it means they will have a great view, and the windows that deliver this view is essential. Every room in your home can benefit from beautiful windows and there is countless number of design styles to choose from. If you have been looking for ways to brighten your interiors, look to your windows.
Humans are no different than green plants. When placed in a natural lit room they grow beautifully and when kept in the dark they wilt and will eventually die. Natural light is the source for our body, mind, spirit and connectivity to the outdoors and is a primary source for healthy living. Regardless of how your window looks, ensure your home has a source of natural light in every room, when possible.