Let It Fly allows a user to virtually recreate their imaginations by selecting any type of object they desire, whether it be a football, beer can, or even a car, and using physics equations along with the built in technology within the device, simulate how far such an object would go. You can even change gravities and see how far the object would fly if it were thrown on MARS!
Whether it would be to aim at a certain spot on a map or see what object can be thrown the farthest, this app will provide people with a limitless curiosity with endless amount of fun.
Using the Let it Fly app is as easy as 1-2-3.
• First, the user picks a preexisting object that they wish to toss.
• If they do not find what they are looking for they can create a custom object by naming it and entering certain attributes such as name and mass.
• Then, all they have to do is take their device and perform a throwing motion in the direction they want the object to be thrown (without actually throwing their device, of course!).
• Finally, the app calculates and simulates how far and where the object will land using the built in gps and accelerometer within the device.
• The user will be able to view a map and simulate where it would land if it was actually thrown in real life.
• Users may also view a leaderboard to see the longest distance thrown for each object.