The description of Legal
Legal Dictionary by Farlex gives you free, instant access to more than 58,000 definitions of legal terms, plus detailed entries on important legal cases, precedents, events, and individuals significant to the history of law.
* This is NOT a preview or a trial version, and there is no "locked" content. Open the app and immediately access all content, no subscriptions required!
* Search 58,000+ legal definitions from multiple law dictionary sources and a legal thesaurus, all from industry-leading publishers trusted by scholars, jurists, and attorneys. Plus offline content.
* Clear, in-depth definitions of legal terms, plus detailed entries on important legal cases, events, movements, and individuals significant to the history of law.
* 42,000+ audio pronunciations for both American and British speakers in online mode.
* Know your rights! Practical law guide includes extensive information on US law and the Constitution.
* User-friendly, comprehensive, and authoritative: The perfect free legal app for lawyers, legal professionals, law school students, and anyone looking to decipher legal jargon and better understand legal advice.
* Add unlimited bookmarks.
* View your recent searches.
* See search suggestions as you type.
* Perform advanced searches, including "Starts with," "Ends with," "Contains," and "Wildcard."
* Share definitions via social networks, email, and text (with supported devices).
How do we do it?
Farlex apps have been downloaded tens of millions times across multiple platforms, with top ratings after hundreds of thousands of reviews. We work with the best publishers to bring together trusted content in the most comprehensive, authoritative dictionary apps on the market. Our flagship app is The Free Dictionary (TFD), powered by TheFreeDictionary.com. Find our other apps by searching "Dictionary by Farlex" in Google Play.