The description of Learn Languages With Lists
LLWL - Learn Languages with Lists is a really useful application for learning languages, that lets you to create and manage lists of words and phrases to make your own notebook or phrasebook, so you can write down new vocabulary to memorize and practice anywhere.
The application supports multiple languages at once, then If you study more than one language you will have all your lists in one place. LLWL is always on your device, that's why is a good idea to take notes when you see or hear a new word or phrase you wish to memorize (on class, reading books or magazines, radio, tv, lyrics, advertising, blogs, VOA...). If you write down only a few new words/phrases every day you'll improve your vocabulary and pronunciation for easy.
Create a list of "phrases and words" and tag it for fast location, for example, you can create lists of daily expressions, lists of phrases for your trips, lists of new vocabulary, lists of verbs, lists of difficult words, lists of idioms, lists of false friends... all lists you need. You can also manage "reading lists" and practice with a reading assistant.
You must enter the text in the target language and its translation to your native language. Every list tells you the number of items it contains, how many items in the list you have already learned and which ones you need to learn or improve.
You can listen to your lists with natural voice (you need to install a TTS voice*) and practice pronunciation with Google speech recognition. Practice your lists making tests to determine the degree of knowledge you have of a list, and punctuate each item according to your own estimation (self-evaluation). You can do a test of the hole list or only revise items with low punctuation. Also you can practice using the learning mode to memorize quickly, or just listen to the lists in background mode while you do other things.
- Write down new words and phrases anywhere to memorize and practise pronunciation later.
- List type "phrases and words" with a "test mode" (punctuation and learning mode).
- List type "reading" to practice with a "reading assistant".
- Listen your lists with natural voice (you need to install TTS*).
- Help yourself with translations with access to Google translate (you need to install Google translate**).
- Practice pronunciation using Google's speech recognition.
- Export your lists to share or backup (also you can import them).
- Filter lists.
- Manage unlimited lists in premium version. (try first the free versión that lets you manage 16 lists and 20 items per list).
- Learning languages you can use: ARABIC, BULGARIAN, CHINESE, CROATIAN, CZECH, DANISH, DUTCH, ENGLISH, FINNISH, FRENCH, GERMAN, GREEK, HINDI, HUNGARIAN, ITALIAN, JAPANESE, KOREAN, POLISH, PORTUGUESE, ROMANIAN, RUSSIAN, SERBIAN, SLOVAK, SLOVENIAN, SPANISH, SWEDISH, TURKISH, UKRANIAN, VIETNAMESE.
- Interface languages: English and Spanish.
* You need to setup your learning language keyboard as well as the engine for natural voice synthesis (TTS) that is located on the menu "Options - Language and Introduction" of your device.
Some languages support TTS voices of high quality for free. On Google play there are variety of TTS apps like Google Voice Synthesis, Acapela, IVONA, SpeechSynthesys, Ekho, etc. Some manufacturers such as Samsung offer high-quality voices available on Samsung apps store.
TTS may not be available in some languages.
** Install Google translate app, you can download it for free from Google play. This app has the option for downloading data locally, so it wont need data connection for operation.