- Choose proper keywords
- Instead of using a single word use short phrases of 2-3 words.
- Include the geographical location i.e. name of country, city etc. in the keywords.
- Incorporate the keywords in the title and at the top of the document body as html text not images.
- The search engines looks for clues such as frequency of keywords, how close they are located to each other, in a particular document to build their search results.
- Title should be placed at the top of document before anything else.
Search engines give importance to html titles.
- Meta tags are relied upon by search engines for ranking the pages. Therefore, they should be incorporated in the document and placed after the title tag. Remember to place keywords in order of priority in the meta keywords tags.
Hyper text (links):
- Hyper text is given more importance than ordinary text. Have text links as far as possible. If the design requires using of images as links then text links may also be incorporated at the bottom of the page.
Uncommon words are given more importance. It is advisable to use the organization’s name instead of ‘About Us’ or give a title (of the related text) rather than simply writing ‘Click Here’.
It is advisable to put keywords as links.