It is easy to use. Say you are looking for housing, then just go to the map listing for transitional or shelter housing, and the ones closest to you will pop up on your map. If you are hooked to GPS, you can even get directions to get there. Whether you are in Los Angeles, Lancaster/Palmdale, Long Beach or anywhere in the county, there are great choices for housing, food, transportation, school, jobs, healthcare, etc. Or, if you want to talk to an advocate or your attorney about something that’s bothering you or to help you find opportunities, you can also click on links and go directly to groups and organizations that specialize in transition-aged foster youth. You can also sign up for alerts when special events and programs for foster youth are announced, deadlines for financial aid, alerts on jobs for foster youth and more.
• GPS-based mapping of services near you no matter where you are in the county. This includes transitional housing, shelters, food banks, schools, jobs and more. You can find a location via your GPS or by inputing your location.
• Links to helpful resources and organizations that offer programs for transitiong-age foster youth in Los Angeles County.
• Optional sign-up for alerts and notifications when a new program opens up, special offers for foster youth, deadlines for school, dates for job fairs and other helpful tips.
• Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and our YouTube channel in development.
• WiFi capable, so you can use it at a WiFi hotspot even if your data/voice plan is not on.
• Available for both iPhone and Android phones.