The King James Bible App contains the popular King James Version of the Bible, which is also commonly referred to as the Authorized Version.
Tailored for every user reading the King James Bible app is light for your device, easy to read and designed for quick navigation and bible reference.
The King James Version (KJV) of the Bible is included with the app, and all the other popular translations (NKJV, NIV, NLT, ESV, NASB, MSG, etc.) can be affordably purchased in the app. Also available for purchase in the app are a large selection of Study Bibles, Commentaries and Devotionals -- with all of their extra content integrated beautifully in the app so it is easy to navigate, search and study.
- Fast and easy to use
- No internet connection needed for the Bible.
- Select, copy and paste multiple verses easily and quickly
- Quick navigation either by using the Chapter tabs or the book chapter tabs.
- Margin notes allow you to write notes for a specific passage
- Portrait / Landscape mode
- Legible and easy to read font.
- Complete with the old and the New Testament.
- Autoscroll with adjustable speed
- Improved font style
- Improved interface
Background of King James Bible Version:
The King James Version Bible (KJV) was authorized by King James I and is sometimes referred to as the “Authorized Version”. It was translated by the Church of England and was first published in 1611.
The KJV New Testament was translated from the Textus Receptus. However, the majority of the book of Revelation seems to have been translated from the Latin Vulgate. The KJV Old Testament was translated from the Masoretic Hebrew text, and the Apocrypha was translated from the Greek Septuagint.
Several versions of the King James Bible (KJV) were produced in 1611,1629, 1638, 1762, and 1769. The 1769 edition is most commonly cited as the King James Version (KJV).