You must be able to read the Japanese alphabet (Hiragana and Katakana). Key features:
- Focus on building new vocabulary through story.
- Interactive drawings for learning new vocab.
- Listening practice from a native Japanese speaker.
- Reading comprehension practice.
- Two quiz games to review.
- Appendix of focused vocab words.
Because this is not a beginner level app, it doesn't go into Japanese grammar and you should already know the basics.
This is a free demo and only contains one lesson and limited quiz options.