Bluetooth Commander is Bluetooth terminal app for managing low level communication between your Android smartphone and Bluetooth devices (one or multiple) such as microcontrollers, Arduino, processor boards or other Bluetooth terminals. Application allows simultaneous connections to multiple devices with traffic diagnostic functions and contains interface for creating database of user defined commands.MAIN FEATURES
- Connection and communication with multiple Bluetooth devices simultaneously
- 3 interface layouts available (list, gamepad and fully customisable interface)
- Editor for creating commands in hexadecimal or text format
- Simple send-by-click interface
- Time based (periodical) transmission options
- Advanced logging functions, logging of multiple connected devices, color differentiations, time stamps
Bluetooth Commander app supports connection to following types of Bluetooth devices:- Classic Bluetooth device ( SPP - serial port profile)- Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth Low Energy, Bluetooth Smart)Connecting to multiple BLE devices and multiple classic Bluetooth devices at the same time is possibleLAYOUTS
Application offers 3 types of interface layouts.- Basic layout
- Default layout in which commands are organised in a list view. Connection panel is placed in the top and log (with customisable size) in the bottom.- Gamepad [BETA]
- suitable for controlling moving devices where it is required to control features like driving directions, arm position, object orientation or moving parts in general, but it can be used for any other purposes and device types.- Custom layout [BETA]
- fully customisable user interface. You can design your own layout which suits your needs.
To switch between layout click on menu button -> Switch layout.User guide now available. Click here to become a beta testerPERMISSIONS
To scan for BLE devices, app need permission ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION. The reason is (from Google developer guide): LE Beacons are often associated with location. In order to use BluetoothLeScanner, you must request the user's permission by declaring either the ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION or ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION permission in your app's manifest file. Without these permissions, scans won't return any results.SUPPORT
Found a bug? Missing feature? Have a suggestion? Just email the developer. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.