The use of quality and rapid improvement tools on a regular basis forms part of the Quality Improvement Methodology, which considers;
• Systems – ensuring the environment and the processes within it are conducive to preventing errors and promoting safety in practice;
• Reliability – ensuring whatever is meant to happen, happens the right way every time.
• Testing change – all improvement will require change but not all change results in improvement therefore changes to a system or process must be tested using PDSA cycles (Plan, Do Study Act)
• Measurement – The Tools enable the application of effective Infection Prevention systems and processes to be measured.
The MEG system allows IPC teams to get real time information and reports on performance/ compliance by:
- Individual wards or Departments
- Overall commissioning group of hospitals and clinics
- Customise alerts if hygiene falls below your performance benchmark
Other Key Benefits Include:
- Reduce HAI - Electronic audits mean faster and more accurate audits allowing the IPC team to reduce HAIs.
- Alerts & Analytics - Get real time Red Amber Green alerts. Understand and benchmark performance of hospitals, wards and staff groups.
- Save Time - No manual transcribing paper audits means the infection control team have more time to focus on reducing HAIs
- More Accurate Data - Data is entered only once meaning no transcription errors
Getting started is easy. Just download the app and contact us for a free trial though the developer contact links.